/// TECHNICAL SALES & ACCOUNT MANAGER
The RacingLine Group is always growing, and we're looking for an enthusiastic Technical Sales & Account Manager (Hardware) to join our busy team at the forefront of developing industry-leading performance parts upgrades for our business-to-business clients.
We're looking for someone with a passion for all things automotive and performance, who has an in-built understanding of what is 'just perfect' for our clients’ performance parts ranges around the world. Not necessarily someone with an engineering qualification - but certainly an individual with exceptional attention to detail, and a drive to delight our customers is vital to work alongside our technical, engineering and CAD team.
The successful candidate will be an important part of the dynamic and wide-ranging RacingLine Group of companies, joining a successful, enthusiastic and happy team of professionals.
Job Title: Technical Sales & Account Manager
Experience: Customer Service / Automotive
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £23-26k, negotiable on experience
Hours: 40 per week
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Sales Manager (Hardware Engineering) to join our team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Technical Director, this is a key role where the successful individual will be responsible for taking the lead day to day liaison with our business-to-business automotive clients, working alongside our engineers and CAD operators to take a range of performance automotive designs from initial concepts through to production in partnership with our suppliers.
We are not necessarily seeking an engineering qualification or direct experience for this role. However, it will be essential that your experience and passion for automotive and performance products shines through on top of your proven skills in delighting customers with professional, timely and appropriate communications.
It will be essential to develop the close and trusting working relationship with both customers and suppliers to interpret their requirements, then convey this to the engineering team to deliver solutions within cost, design and timing targets.
In this role you will attend design reviews to present the engineers’ design ideas and costings, and discuss and critique alternative design solutions. In conjunction with the project technical brief you will lead the engineers to fulfil customer requirements within budget and strict time lines. You will work closely with our existing manufacturers, seek new suppliers, always ensuring purchasing and production capability is built in at manufacturing level.
Alongside this, you will have strong attention to detail with a good ability to use your own initiative, manage your own workload and projects and have a working knowledge of proprietary PC softwares such as MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
To be successful in this role you will have a ‘can-do’ attitude and a drive for success.
Key Job Functions:
* Account management, regular correspondence with customers and suppliers around the world
* Participate in strategy and planning for new automotive products, including positioning, launching, and promotion
* Ongoing direction to engineering team for workload prioritisation and meeting client criteria
* Travel to suppliers and customers as and when required
* Be able to organise own workflow to meet deadlines
* Comprehensive understanding of automotive marketing trends
* Working as part of a team and spending time reviewing the products in meetings
* Track results and provide insights to management as appropriate
* End-to-end job management from point of enquiry, to quoting, negotiation, approval, job management and invoicing
Experience & Characteristics Required:
* A passion for Automotive culture - models, products, trends and the community
* Proven customer handling/account management abilities
* A drive to delight our customers with service, communication and product
* An understanding of automotive engineering would be advantageous
* Must be a strong communicator. Good written and presentation skills with excellent grammar
* Working experience with relevant softwares: MS programmes, Adobe suite would be valuable
* A self-starter who thrives on results, continuous learning and improvement.
* Ability to adapt quickly and balance numerous responsibilities.
* Data-driven, results-oriented and skilled at problem-solving.
* You will need to be creative and offer ideas and innovations to present to the business.
* Loyal and enthusiastic to the business and always passionate in what you deliver.
Think you have what it takes? We'd love to hear from you. Please email your CV and a covering letter telling us why you think you're right for this role.